Friday, October 5, 2007

FANGtastic Friday Orchid Blogging




Check out what I made (well, with God's help, some talented orchid breeders, and me misting,watering and feeding "weekly, weakly" )

They always "pop" when I'm out of town. This one is going to really put on a show. There are 6 more buds to open on the spike. The bloom has to be over 2 & 1/2 inches across on a spike that is at least 2 feet tall.

I bought this Orchid from Norman's Orchids about 2 years ago. It was supposed to be "in spike" which means a bud spike had formed (and would bloom shortly thereafter) but instead it was already blooming and the buds and blooms were knocked off in shipping. This is my first bloom since.

I did it without killing it.

Thank you Boris for forwarding the photo so I could share.

ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I always knew you'd have beautiful children . . .